Skip to main content

Prayer from Psalm 8

Father, Your creation tells a story about You.  

If we would just pause and look.  

If we would slow down enough to take it in.  

If we would pull ourselves away from our many distractions.  

Then we would see as David saw in Psalm 8.  The marvelous world around us speaks of Your glory and Your majesty.  Your name is great!  The galaxy declares Your creativity.  The stars, moon, and sun all tell a story about You.  What's even more amazing is that in this big big universe You've made, humans stand out as special to You.  We show Your splendor to Your creation.  We share in Your blessedness.  We have Your watchful eye on us.    

Thank you for everything You've made.  

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer from Galatians 5:25

A Daily Office  Good morning Jesus. Today I choose You.   I choose to live by the Spirit. Today I choose to keep in step with the Spirit (Galatians 5:25). I do not claim to be without sin.  I confess my sins to You.   Make me aware of any offensive way in me. I believe you are faithful and just. I believe you forgive me and purify me from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:8-9). I humble myself before You. Lift me up. I cast all my anxiety on You. Care for me (1 Peter 5:6-7). May I know and trust that You are with me today (Matthew 28:20). Amen